Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP365 rebooting every 5-10 minutes

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  IAP365 rebooting every 5-10 minutes

Posted Feb 16, 2021 03:25 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on this. We have an Instant Cluster of IAP365s and one of the APs is rebooting every 5-10 minutes. It's reboot reason is showing as preempted by master - there is one preferred master and all other APs are set to disabled under preferred master. They are running 6.5.3 code.
    The AP is powered by a Cisco PoE switch and the port goes up/down when the AP reboots but there are no cable errors or other errors on the port. The cable has been changed also. 

The AP is in a remote office so I can't reset it via the console port but could try and reset it back to factory reset via the CLI on ssh when I can get onto it ("write erase" - I believe)

Is anyone able to offer any advice on this? I've been going around in circles and have got the tech support info on my laptop to look through tomorrow.

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer 
    Jo

------------------------------
    Joan Tomasso

• 2.  RE: IAP365 rebooting every 5-10 minutes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2021 11:06 PM
    I am assuming you have a mix instant cluster with different AP models?
    so is the firmware version of the VC same as the IAP365?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: IAP365 rebooting every 5-10 minutes

Posted Feb 17, 2021 02:06 AM
    Hi,

Yes all the APs are on the same version of code - it is a mix of IAP303 and IAP365 (mostly 365s and this is the only one doing this - started about 2 weeks ago but had been find for a year before)

Thanks
    Jo

Sent from my iPhone

• 4.  RE: IAP365 rebooting every 5-10 minutes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2021 01:22 AM
    ok if you have other IAP-365s and all the rest of the APs are all good, I suggest checking if the switch port setting has the same native VLAN which is used for IAP cluster.

otherwise you need to get a console access and see whats the issue as it boots

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: IAP365 rebooting every 5-10 minutes

Posted Feb 18, 2021 10:10 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for your response. The native vlan is the same for this port as all the others. Once I'm able too I'll get a console to the AP to see what's happening from there

Thanks
    Jo

Sent from my iPhone