Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Prevent iap from contacting mobility controller

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  Prevent iap from contacting mobility controller

Posted Jan 20, 2022 05:33 AM
    Hi,

i've got the following issue.

I want to stage an iap setup at the office.  Unfortunately when the iap (model 515) boots it connects automatically to the mobility controller we have.
    When i perform the same action on my network at home, it works as expected, it boots into iap mode (and publishes the setup ssid etc...). 

I've been searching for a way to prevent this, but so far no luck...  Currently i'm looking into a way to block trafic to our dns servers using an acl on a switch.

Is there another way to perform this task?  I've been doing some searching, found some commands to enter on the cli of the ap (can't find the thread back right now) but this also did not do the trick...

• 2.  RE: Prevent iap from contacting mobility controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2022 08:08 AM
    You would use an AP deployment policy:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_86_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/access-points/ap-depl-poli.htm?Highlight=deployment%20policy

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Prevent iap from contacting mobility controller

Posted Jan 21, 2022 05:50 AM
    Confirmed working.  Altough i had some trouble pushing it from the MM to the MD (MM was allright but for some reason MD did not pick this up).  Also, some of my ap's seem to have rebooted after activating...  I only use the blacklist option.

Peter Nobels

• 4.  RE: Prevent iap from contacting mobility controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2022 03:03 AM
    Or from the AP itself, if you have access to the ap console (apboot): https://community.arubanetworks.com/browse/articles/blogviewer?blogkey=1feb1848-ff79-409d-9be7-401af63d629c [where you might need to give the save command after the setenv to store the configuration]

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.