Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Modify VLAN on Controller and Access Points

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Modify VLAN on Controller and Access Points

Posted Jan 14, 2022 03:16 PM
    Hi,
    I have several Aruba Instant IAP-207 all of them placed to VLAN 1. We have one controller and 4 or five access point. They handle two SSID placed on VLAN 500 and VLAN 501. It works fine.  Now we want to move this scenario to new one by using new VLAN. For Controller and access Points we want to use VLAN 600 and they have to manage the same SSID on the same VLAN's 500 and 600. Obviously we have to modify management IP from 10.0.0.x/24 to 10.35.5.0/26. 

The old scenarios worked via DCHP and reservations. The new scenario should work the same. With a Laptop connected to the switch we get suitable IP from new subnet. But when I connect the controller, it cannot get any IP. I don't know if I have to do something on the AP configuration in order to instruct it to operate on the new VLAN?

Thank you in advance.

------------------------------
    Roger Manich

• 2.  RE: Modify VLAN on Controller and Access Points

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2022 03:20 PM
    Have you tried making the 10.35.5.x VLAN untagged on those switchports?  the Instant APs will treat it as VLAN 1, by default.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Modify VLAN on Controller and Access Points

Posted Jan 14, 2022 04:47 PM
    Hi Colin, 

I don't fully understand you. VLAN 1 will no longer work in near future. So, the switch port connected to ARUBA AP should be hybrid, I guess. VLAN 500, 501 for SSID and 600 for management. I will try to put 600 as untagged but I guess I have to instruct the Access Point to use aplink management as 600 (there is a field in the configuration GUI). Am I right?

Roger Manich

• 4.  RE: Modify VLAN on Controller and Access Points

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2022 05:57 PM
    I mean to make VLAN 600 untagged.  No need to use the uplink command if the untagged VLAN is 600.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.