Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-574 used with AP-505

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  AP-574 used with AP-505

Posted Jun 22, 2021 11:53 AM
    I configured 2 AP-505 with a virtual controller and everything is working great.  The first 505 was configured to be the master and the second 505 booted up and joined the cluster without issue.  These are running 8.6.0.9_79813.

I'm now trying to join some AP-574 devices to the cluster.  When they are powered on, I can see they are getting a dhcp address.  They never appear in the virtual controller though.  If I try to access the device directly with a web browser, the browser redirects me to the virtual controller.  I tried connecting using SSH, but I cannot log in.  The admin password I use for the 505 doesn't work.

I'm assuming that the firmware on the 574 needs to be updated, but I would like to confirm this if possible.

------------------------------
    Jonathan Conn

• 2.  RE: AP-574 used with AP-505

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2021 07:20 PM
    yes you need to update the firmware for AP574 as it is a different model AP.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: AP-574 used with AP-505

Posted Jun 23, 2021 08:49 AM
    Hi, you need to make sure the 574 is in the same firmware version as your cluster so it can join.
    Just make sure to select one of the actual members of the cluster as preferred master since you can lost the config once the 574 joins the cluster, this could happen because the 574 could be elected preferred master and has no config.

Ulises Cazares