Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't set syslog server IAP-315

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Can't set syslog server IAP-315

Posted Oct 21, 2021 08:51 AM
    Hi. I'm trying to set up sending logs to a remote server, when I enter the ip address in the server field, it is not saved, similarly when I try to enter it via CLI. After entering the address 192.168.6.3 and clicking ok, and refreshing the page, in the server field again 0.0.0.0. What am I doing wrong? 

6fl Orange (config) # syslog-server 192.168.6.3

6fl Orange (config) # end

6fl Orange# commit apply 

committing configuration...

configuration committed.

------------------------------
    Vladislav Kharlamov

• 2.  RE: Can't set syslog server IAP-315

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2021 10:42 AM
    From the screenshot, it looks like you run a really old version. Although I have not seen similar issues, it may help to upgrade your AP to a newer version if possible.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Can't set syslog server IAP-315

Posted Oct 21, 2021 03:42 PM
    Thank you, Herman, for your answer. Installed the latest (in the sense that new versions are not offered through the interface) version, 8.7.1.2, just got used to the old interface.

Vladislav Kharlamov

• 4.  RE: Can't set syslog server IAP-315

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2021 10:18 AM
    In that case, this looks not as expected. Please work with TAC to get it investigated.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.