Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest captive portal not working

This thread has been viewed 47 times
  • 1.  Guest captive portal not working

Posted May 04, 2021 12:11 PM
    Hello,

I am trying to set up a Guest Portal using Aruba Central with sponsored access. I have checked  the following parameters :

When I test the access, the sponsor email is received, the access is approved, but after that when the Guest user moves forward he receives the following error:

"Access is Denied for the following reasons: The network is not available"

Thanks in advance for your help.

------------------------------
    Sinda FKAIER

• 2.  RE: Guest captive portal not working

MVP GURU
    Posted May 04, 2021 09:32 PM
    Will it work after disconnecting and trying to login on the captive portal? What kind of device, and do you have a valid public certificate assigned to the captive portal?

Dustin Burns

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Guest captive portal not working

Posted May 10, 2021 06:51 AM
    Hi Dustin,

I am not using any specific certificate. There's no possibility to add certificates on the portal. I am using a mobile phone.

Sinda FKAIER

• 4.  RE: Guest captive portal not working

MVP GURU
    Posted May 04, 2021 09:34 PM
    Should also ask. Are you using Central hosted Captive portal, or is this IAP hosted?

Dustin Burns

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 5.  RE: Guest captive portal not working

Posted May 10, 2021 06:52 AM
    It is a central hosted Captive portal

Sinda FKAIER

• 6.  RE: Guest captive portal not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2021 08:42 AM
    Can you try to remove the captive portal from your SSID, then add it again? Or if that does not work, fully remove the captive portal and build it again?

I think I have seen this once before with captive portals that were 'sitting unused' for long time across multiple versions of Central.

Don't remember what I did to resolve this, but it was something like re-applying the configuration.

If that doesn't work, you can reach out to Aruba TAC support to have them look at it.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 7.  RE: Guest captive portal not working

Posted May 10, 2021 08:32 AM
    Hello,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I have tried to remove and build the portal again and I still receive a login error. Here's what the Aruba central says :

Sinda FKAIER

• 8.  RE: Guest captive portal not working

Posted May 05, 2021 10:49 AM

I had a similar issue with my Guest Wi-Fi using a captive portal - but not the sponsored access. I suspect the sponsored part does not really play a part.

What are the access rules / firewall rules you setup?

I had to modify mine to show the following.
    allow DNS, block internal network ranges, then allow everything else.
    Since firewall rules start top down, if it doesn't hit one of the first rules it will get to the allow.
    Because my internal DNS is part of my blocked range, that is why I had to specifically allow DNS.

Matt

• 9.  RE: Guest captive portal not working

Posted May 10, 2021 07:00 AM
    Hi Mervin,

I am using unrestricted access.

Thanks.

Sinda FKAIER

• 10.  RE: Guest captive portal not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2021 10:16 AM
    Please try to work with Aruba support on this. With full insights into the configuration, it is probably easier to find out what is wrong.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.