Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP205

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  IAP205

Posted Sep 08, 2021 01:07 AM
    I posted regarding getting the latest firmware for IAP305 see below.  Now I need to find the latest firmware for the IAP205 without having a contract.  I only found the firmware from 2017.  Can I get the latest for the IAP205 without a contract?

This has probably been asked before but  here I go - can you update the firmware on a IAP305 without a contract.  The internal check for new firmware doesn't work and it is really had to determine if I can download the file manually.  When I try from the support site it says something about "HP will contact me in 2 days...." and doesn't let me download it.

------------------------------
    Mark Smith

• 2.  RE: IAP205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 08, 2021 04:21 AM
    You should be able to get the 'factory image' from ASP: link.

From the factory image, the check for updates is expected to work to go to the latest stable release for your AP.

If there is no newer image available, make sure you run the upgrade twice to get the firmware also pushed to the backup firmware that is restored on a factory reset. Upgrade to the factory image, then upgrade to the latest will leave the factory image as your backup firmware, which is good as well, no need to do a double upgrade.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.