Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

how to factory reset AP505 with reset button

This thread has been viewed 62 times
  • 1.  how to factory reset AP505 with reset button

Posted Nov 26, 2021 09:45 AM
    Hi
    How to factory reset an AP505 by using the reset button only? I have tried using said button but it ended up turning my CAP into an IAP; not the desired result.
    Unfortunately I'm nowhere near the AP in question so I'm having to direct a tech onsite. I have tried Googling the answer to this but strangely couldn't really find the answer to my question.
    If anyone could please help me out that would be very much appreciated.
    OmegleAzar
    Thanks in Advance

------------------------------
    Linda Xlie

• 2.  RE: how to factory reset AP505 with reset button

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 26, 2021 11:48 AM
    Hi Linda,

• remove the power from the AP
    • press and hold the reset button on the back
    • power on the AP while still holding the reset button
    • wait 10-15sec
    • release the reset button

Alternative you can connect the console cable and interupt the boot and use the command "fact-reset" or "purge-env".

Be sure your AP is not configured by activate.arubanetworks.com or have a license bound in aruba central. Than the cloud configuration will pushed back to the AP. If this is happening you could also see from the console cli while booting.

Hope this helps

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 3.  RE: how to factory reset AP505 with reset button

Posted Nov 28, 2021 11:46 PM
    Thanks for your response.

Linda Xlie

• 4.  RE: how to factory reset AP505 with reset button

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2021 09:47 AM
    It is expected that a Universal AP, like the AP505, turns into Instant mode of you factory reset it AND there is no controller discovered.

Check the discovery sequence to see how the AP can detect your controller, and if there is no proper discovery, you can from the Instant UI do a manual conversion to 'CAP on a controller'.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.