Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

VMC & User not obtained ip

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  VMC & User not obtained ip

Posted Jan 12, 2022 04:53 AM
    Hi

we Have a VMC on ESXi connected to the Aruba switch (port trunk & server port Vlan id: 4095), have one AP connected to the Switch (port access), and Ap Mode Campus mode broadcast 2 SSID ( one have internal Dhcp and is working) & (the second one broadcast another VLAN and the user should obtain IP from DHCP pool on Windows server) when user connected to the second ssid the status is connecting but didn't obtain IP from network ... i don't know why this happened actually the configuration should be good I think ( I put a IP helper at vlan on switch ) .

------------------------------
    Amr Abo Hashima

• 2.  RE: VMC & User not obtained ip

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2022 07:23 AM
    Did you set the ESXI security settings Allow Promiscuous/Forged transmit/MAC Change?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: VMC & User not obtained ip

Posted Jan 12, 2022 07:45 AM
      |   view attached
    hi herman ,

yes, I just test to add a route on the controller, and it's working now but I think that is not the right scenario to work with it, right?

Amr Abo Hashima

• 4.  RE: VMC & User not obtained ip

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2022 06:44 AM
    That doesn't use the mac-change/features... so indeed isn't a proper test. It's hard to tell from what is known now what the issue may be. It may be good that you reach out to your partner or Aruba support to do some troubleshooting on your deployment on what is going on.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.