Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-375 not joining IAP-505 Cluster

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  IAP-375 not joining IAP-505 Cluster

Posted Dec 19, 2020 10:23 PM

I have an existing cluster with IAP-505s running version 8.6.0.2. Auto Join Mode was on.

An IAP-375 (Outdoor version) was added (Version 8.5.0.3 out of the Box)

The IAP-375 tries to join the cluster but cannot. I see it in the configuration file as allowed-ap,

The GUI of the VC says "AP checksum error".

When i try to connect to the IAP-375 via browser I get redirected to the VC.

When I login to the IAP-375 via SSH I get "Cli degraded" and can not upgrade the image.

I am a little bit lost here. Resetting the Outdoor IAP ist not an easy task as it ist mounted high up an a wall outside.....

Also I have the same situation in 3 locations....

Please, any suggestions anyone?

------------------------------
    Juergen Kern

• 2.  RE: IAP-375 not joining IAP-505 Cluster

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 20, 2020 07:30 PM

First upgrade your IAP-375 to the same firmware code. An out-of-the-box AP should be start up with an SSID "SetMeUp" for configuration.

If you can't manage the AP the web-gui, ssh, serial console or bluethoot, there are less option left. Before pickup the ladder you maybe can try to place the AP in a seperate VLAN so it temporatly don't see your virtual cluster, maybe it make sence.

Bluethoot can be a nice feature to manage your AP's that are not easy reachable, but you have to configure it first in the ap system profile.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/blogs/colinjoseph-hpe1/2020/10/16/how-to-connect-to-the-console-of-an-aruba-ap-over-bluetooth-using-android-and-aruba-utilities

For urgent matters please open an Aruba TAC case so they can assist you.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2020 | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE

• 3.  RE: IAP-375 not joining IAP-505 Cluster

Posted Dec 21, 2020 02:29 AM

Thank you!

That is exactly how I finally managed it. i created an empty VLAN with a dhcp  server and a VM connected to it and was able to connect to the IAP-375 and install the same firmware as on the IAP-505s. Then joining them was no problem.

Only when I tried to update the the whole cluster, the IAP-375 got separated again and was playing its own master, but that was easily corrected.

Thanks again!

Juergen Kern

• 4.  RE: IAP-375 not joining IAP-505 Cluster

Posted Jan 03, 2021 11:03 PM

Forgive my noob questions - I've got several decades in the IT biz but not a lot of  A customer of mine currently has three IAP-205 access points on their network. of APs that can be joined to an Instant / Virtual Controller infrastructure like this?

MySainsburys

Kistner Gregory

• 5.  RE: IAP-375 not joining IAP-505 Cluster

Posted Jan 04, 2021 03:57 AM
    Yes, the IAP-205 can be joined in a cluster. Normally they should do so
    out of the box unless you prevent it. if you wamt them to join an
    existing cluster, they have to be at the same firmware version.

J??rgen A. Kern

• 6.  RE: IAP-375 not joining IAP-505 Cluster

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 04, 2021 12:18 PM
    The latest os support for an IAP-205 is Aruba Instant 6.5.4.18. Aruba Instant 8.x.x.x is not supported on this access point.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2020 | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE