Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Joining IAP 515 to a Exisitng 305 Cluster?

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Joining IAP 515 to a Exisitng 305 Cluster?

Posted Sep 01, 2021 12:54 AM
    Hi the client have a existing IAP 305 Cluster Version 8.6.0.10

I have tried joining the new IAP 515 Version 8.6.0.2, but so far I have failed to do so

My Question is:
    1. Does the two IAP should be the same Model Type to Join the Cluster?
    2. If you could join two/multiple Model type on a Existing Cluster, does that mean I just need to match the Version of the New Device's on the Existing Cluster
    3. Is their a version only were Multiple Model Type be able to join on a single Cluster?

Thanks in advance on your suggestions.

• 2.  RE: Joining IAP 515 to a Exisitng 305 Cluster?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2021 01:12 AM
    Hi,

For IAP's to form a cluster it is needed to run the same software version on all IAP's. If a new IAP with a different firmware try's to join the cluster there are two options:
    - the new AP is the same model type as the existing AP's, in this case, the new AP will get the firmware from the existing AP's
    - the new AP is a different model type as the existing AP's, in this case the AP cannot get the firmware from the existing AP's and needs to get the software from a different place. To make it smooth, I would upgrade the new AP to the same version manually and after that join the new AP to the cluster. 

BR
    Florian

------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Florian Baaske
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.
    Also visit the AirHeads Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJCnuXFGfEbwEzfcgU_ERQ
    Feel free to visit my personal Blog
    https://www.flomain.de
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Joining IAP 515 to a Exisitng 305 Cluster?

Posted Sep 01, 2021 01:16 AM
    Hi, thanks for you help on this. I would probably go with the second option.