Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrading Firmware of AP 305

This thread has been viewed 49 times
  • 1.  Upgrading Firmware of AP 305

Posted Nov 23, 2021 10:54 AM
    Hello, 
    I am new to Aruba AP. We have 14 existing 305 Access points with firmware version is 6.5.4.7_64552. 

We want to add 4 numbers of new 505 AP. As per my knowledge, before adding them to existing cluster, we have to update the firmware of existing AP 305. 

When, I am trying to upgrade from the firmware window (in the virtual controller) and when I clicked on the "Check for the new version", it gives an error stating that "Received no response from server"

We have a Sophos firewall as a gateway, but there are no restriction in that. 

Kindly suggest firmware version which we have to upgrade.  

Regards,
    Nirav Patel

------------------------------
    Nirav Patel

• 2.  RE: Upgrading Firmware of AP 305

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2021 02:22 PM
    The minimum code version for AP-505 is 8.6.0.0, and IAP-305 is still supported in all current 8.x code versions, so any 8.6 through 8.9 code should work for you.
    8.6.0.9 is the most recent "conservative release" that supports both of these products.

Onno Harms

• 3.  RE: Upgrading Firmware of AP 305

Posted Nov 23, 2021 11:46 PM
    Hello,
    Thank you for the reply.
    But from where can I get the firmware because when I am trying to download it from Aruba Support Portal, it gives an error of "404 Not Found".
    and when i am trying to update directly from the controller, it gives an error of "Received no response from server"

Regards,
    Nirav Patel

Nirav Patel

• 4.  RE: Upgrading Firmware of AP 305

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2021 03:37 AM
    You will need an active support contract to download that firmware.

If you have a contract, contact support to have it validated and assigned to your account.

If you don't have a valid support contract, you can use the 'limited lifetime warranty' and download the 'factory' image for the 305. Once you installed that, you should be able to download updates from the virtual controller web-interface.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.