Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Speed limit at 7030

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Speed limit at 7030

Posted Mar 10, 2021 10:45 AM
    Good afternoon, please help me figure out where to enable speed limiting for the guest wifi network. A network was built in the hotel of 65 AP303 connected to two 7030. The problem is that when several guests start downloading something, they occupy the entire channel and the rest of the guests simply cannot connect normally or they slow down. Unfortunately, I did not find any instructions in Russian, I really hope for your help. The old administrator quit and there is no way to contact him. I apologize for the translation by google translator.

------------------------------
    Sergey Baz

• 2.  RE: Speed limit at 7030
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2021 02:50 PM
    Since you are using a 7030, this is not really a controller-less question ;)

But let me try and help out here. I guess what you are looking at is implementing a Bandwidth Contract (BWC)

This is documented here:

AOS 6.5.x: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6_5_4_X_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Firewall_Roles/bandwidth_contract_config.htm
    AOS 8.x: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_87_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/roles-policies/conf-band-cont.htm

You create a BWC and apply it to the user-role the guest clients get. This will limit their bandwidth consumption to the limits you configure in the BWC.

• 3.  RE: Speed limit at 7030

Posted Mar 15, 2021 03:15 PM
    Thank you very much, the question has already been resolved, but I will definitely look at your links

Sergey Baz