Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh point reboots after connecting wired client

This thread has been viewed 49 times
  • 1.  Mesh point reboots after connecting wired client

Posted Jul 02, 2021 04:30 AM
    Hi,

i´m setting up an IAP 8.8.0.1 cluster. So far everything works and mesh works also. But now i have a problem: When i connect a client to one of the eth1-4 prots of my 505H, the mesh point reboots and won´t come up again, until i remove the client. Then it will reconnect over mesh to the cluster.
    I have assigned a new wired profile to eth1-4 to get independet from the default-wired-profile, but it didn´t help.

Thanks and regards
    Daniel

------------------------------
    Daniel Ebling

• 2.  RE: Mesh point reboots after connecting wired client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2021 08:55 PM
    was this issue resolved?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Mesh point reboots after connecting wired client

Posted Aug 30, 2021 01:59 PM
    I have the same problem. I dug a bit and observed this message:

"LAST REBOOT REASON: Mesh point transitioned to portal"

Does anyone have any ideas?

• 4.  RE: Mesh point reboots after connecting wired client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2021 04:33 AM
    Looks like the AP is getting an IP address (DHCP/static) on the port where you connect your wired client. As soon as it detects a more or less functional uplink, it will transition in a mesh portal, IF you provisioned the AP as 'mesh auto'. To prevent this, provision your APs dedicated as mesh portal (connected to the wired) or mesh point (connecting wirelessly to a mesh portal).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Mesh point reboots after connecting wired client

Posted Aug 31, 2021 11:03 AM
    The device I am plugging in to Eth3 is an IP camera. It cannot act as a DHCP server. Anyway, I thought I could still try to provision the AP as dedicated mesh point, as you refer to, but cannot find this setting. I read through the Instant User Guide and cannot find a reference to it. Do you have further information?

• 6.  RE: Mesh point reboots after connecting wired client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2021 11:38 AM
    Sorry, I did not get the point that this is an Instant device. Mesh in Instant is always auto.

Did you create a new wired network profile to assign to your eth3? With the uplink option disabled?
    What firmware version are you on? Have you tried to upgrade your AP to a recent firmware?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 7.  RE: Mesh point reboots after connecting wired client

Posted Aug 31, 2021 12:05 PM
    Yes, like the OP, I created a new wired network profile. I assigned eth1-eth3 to it, and the uplink option is disabled. The firmware version is 8.8.0.1_80393. Thanks for the assistance!

• 8.  RE: Mesh point reboots after connecting wired client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2021 03:27 AM
    I checked existing tickets at Aruba Support, and could not find any. Please open a support ticket to get this investigated as it appears to be rare, and unexpected.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 9.  RE: Mesh point reboots after connecting wired client

Posted Sep 15, 2021 08:34 PM
    I opened a ticket, worked with Support, and have a resolution. The engineer said "Kindly enable Eth0 bridging in the IAP which is acting as mesh point from central.". So, I went to Access Points > Uplink and changed Eth0 Mode from Uplink to Downlink. The AP did appear to reboot and then take a few minutes to mesh up, but once it did, my downlink device started communicating.

• 10.  RE: Mesh point reboots after connecting wired client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2021 03:07 AM
    Thanks for reporting back. That approach makes sense.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------