Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP325 Wont connect to master

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  IAP325 Wont connect to master

Posted May 10, 2021 10:37 AM

Sorry if I am not in the right spot, I was told our network does not have a controller. I am trying to connect some aruba 325s to our network. With our virtual controller set to allow new devices, they don't show up. When I disable add new devices, the VC sees them, but doesn't add them to the network. The AP is names its MAC address and I am unable to edit it. I cannot add the AP manually either. Same issue happens.

The new, or new to me atleast, 325s are running 6.4.4.4 and my VC is running 8.6.0.6. From what I've found so far, I cannot go from 6.4.4.4 to 8.6.0.6 without hitting 6.5.2.0. How do I go about upgrading the version running on the new devices so I can have the VC add it to our network correctly? I am able to get into apboot but the normal CLI does not load correctly.

I was thinking if I had a stand alone poe switch with no config to power the device it would load itself with a 169.254 address and let me get into the correct CLI, but I don't know if that will work. I am VERY new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Joseph

------------------------------
    Joseph Mandato

• 2.  RE: IAP325 Wont connect to master

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2021 09:16 PM
    bring up IAP-325 in a different VLAN and upgrade it to the same version as that of the VC. and then disconnect it and reconnect it to the same subnet as that of the VC.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: IAP325 Wont connect to master

Posted May 12, 2021 11:30 AM
    No luck putting it in its own vlan. I ended up going into the apboot menu of the ap itself via console cable and erasing both partitions. I installed 8.8 using a tftp server, but my VC is only running 8.6. The AP keeps restarting itself, but I am not getting any errors on the VC alerts page. I am going to wipe and try to install 8.6 if it keeps failing.

Joseph Mandato