Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

505 frequent disconnection

This thread has been viewed 40 times
  • 1.  505 frequent disconnection

Posted Jan 04, 2022 08:47 AM
    Dear Experts, 

One of our customer is using 505 with Aruba Central. Firmware is 8.6.0.2_73853. Client is facing random disconnects and sometimes their wireless is stuck, means there is no activity and they have to connect/disconnect multiple times to get back on. 

Aruba TAC is already on it but so far no improvement. I am reaching out to community to advise if someone faced a similar issue and might know the problem? the current version is 8.9 but central is showing 8.6. In addition to above query can someone advise on below 2 points also

1) From Aruba central, can i upgrade to 8.9 (even though central is recommending 8.6)
    2) How to disable High Efficiency under SSID? is it done by simply disabling 11ax (its currently disabled)?

------------------------------
    owais iqbal

• 2.  RE: 505 frequent disconnection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2022 11:03 AM
    Do I read correct that Central reports firmware 8.6 but if you check on the AP it is in 8.9? That is something support will need to have a look at because it indicates there is a communication mismatch between Central and your APs.

1) Yes, you can upgrade. In general, following the recommended version makes sense. If I'm correct that is 8.6.0.9, so at least upgrade to that from 8.6.0.2 if there is no reason to stick on 8.6.0.2. Before upgrading to 8.9 make sure that you know why you want to do that (other than see if it fixes the issue). New features or new AP support are good reasons to go to such a new version. TAC can advise in here, and I wonder if upgrading to 8.6.0.9 has been discussed as it sounds the most logical step. What you experience, I have seen a few times with early firmware versions for the AP 505.
    2) Yes, disabling 11ax for the SSID in Central should do the trick. You can check the actual setting from the CLI: show ap bss-table.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: 505 frequent disconnection

Posted Jan 04, 2022 11:57 AM
    No on Central its showing 8.6.0.2 however the latest version is 8.9.0.1. So i was curious why 8.6 is recommended at all.

We have sold many units and no other customer has reported any such problem.

owais iqbal

• 4.  RE: 505 frequent disconnection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2022 02:39 PM
    Recommended release does not imply the most recent. The recommended release is based on stability and run-time in production environments and is typically tagged as the Conservative Release.

8.9 will have new features beyond what was included in 8.6, but with those enhancements also brings the opportunity for new issues to be discovered. That said, I'm still surprised if 8.6.0.2 is being recommended over 8.6.0.15.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: 505 frequent disconnection

Posted Jan 05, 2022 02:08 AM
    I upgraded to 8.9.0.1 and the problem still persists. the issue that is being shown in AI insights is "Clients had excessive Wi-Fi security key-exchange failures".

Any idea what does it imply?

owais iqbal

• 6.  RE: 505 frequent disconnection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2022 05:48 AM
    Under most circumstances, WiFi security key exchange failures are the result of a bad PSK used, for PSK networks. Could it be that you have MPSK configured? This also could happen if clients are approaching the network and try to connect 'at the edge' of your coverage area where the signal is too weak to complete the authentication. That happens more if you have your RF power set to a high value.

If you feel that TAC is not doing the right things, ask for escalation. Check the TAC User Guide on ASP for details.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 7.  RE: 505 frequent disconnection

Posted Jan 05, 2022 07:58 AM
    Might also want to check if the SSID has been configured as WPA3-Personal. Some devices have issues with this. It so, try setting it as WPA2-Personal. 

You can adjust 802.11ax in the General/Advanced SSID settings. It is in the Bandwidth control section.

Philip Wightman, ACEX (AMFX) #69. Aruba Partner Ambassador

• 8.  RE: 505 frequent disconnection

Posted Jan 05, 2022 08:06 AM
    Yes i did both, wpa3 to wpa2, 8.6 to 8.9, band steering off, and 11ax disabled.

So far customer didnt face any issues..lets see how things go