Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

internal DNS lookup issues

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  internal DNS lookup issues

Posted Jan 03, 2021 11:07 PM

We are running firmware 8.7.1.0_77203 on 121 IAPs. When a client connects to any SSID, they are unable to resolve/ping any internal DNS entry. The clients get a good IP with internal DNS servers listed, but they cannot look up any internal DNS name. 

Has anyone else seen this issue?

------------------------------
    Zikomo Turner

• 2.  RE: internal DNS lookup issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2021 06:26 AM
    The client can resolve internet DNS names? In that case, it could be that your DNS server is configured to resolve internal names only for clients in specific IP ranges. I would check or packet capture on the DNS server to see if the requests come in and if the DNS server responds to rule out a wireless or networking issue.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: internal DNS lookup issues

Posted Jan 06, 2021 02:54 PM
    We're experiencing the same issue after having updated from 8.6.0.4_74969 to 8.6.06-77124.  Looking at the captures from the IAP it looks like our OpenDNS servers are being treated as authoritative but I'm waiting on TAC to reply, but they are being very slow to reply.  My users can print or map network drives or anything locally.

Craig Cummings

• 4.  RE: internal DNS lookup issues

Posted Jan 06, 2021 02:54 PM
    Yes, we're seeing the same behavior after updating from 8.6.0.4_7469 to 8.6.06_77124.  We updated because clients were not able to get an IP address from the DHCP server when connecting to the VC AP.  They're now get and IP but now their not able to resolve any internal addresses.  Sounds like I should maybe roll back to 8.6.0.4_7469 as I'm not getting much of a timely response from Aruba support on this.

Craig Cummings

• 5.  RE: internal DNS lookup issues

Posted Jan 06, 2021 05:42 PM
    CCummings,

I was able to solve my internal DNS issue by disabling content filtering under the SSID.

Zikomo Turner

• 6.  RE: internal DNS lookup issues

Posted Jan 06, 2021 05:47 PM
    That's basically exactly what I did, except I removed the entire OPENDNS settings from my configuration.

Craig Cummings