Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Guest

This thread has been viewed 71 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Guest

Posted Apr 27, 2021 01:44 PM
    Hello,

Please can someone help, I've been trying to setup Guest via Central for a week now, and every time I register for guest I get this error, I have an Internal CP working fine, but the central one give an error every time, any help would be great!

"

Access is denied for the following reasons:

• No capture parameters provided"

------------------------------
    michael Wright

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Guest

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 28, 2021 03:51 AM
    Are you looking to use the Central hosted Captive Portal? Is this showing the same issue on all browsers?

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Guest

Posted Apr 28, 2021 09:20 AM
    Hi, when exactly do you get that error? launching the portal? registering the user? submiting the credentials?

You do have a service token (guest) assigned to the AP  rigth?

Ulises Cazares

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central Guest

Posted Apr 29, 2021 05:53 AM
    This is when i'm testing the portal, before deployment, so basically i'm viewing the newly created portal and testing it before i deploy on to an AP.

it happens once I'm registered so setup my e-mail/sms and that all works fine and then it's the last step before it gives me internet access.

michael Wright

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central Guest

Posted May 05, 2021 10:55 AM

I don't know if it works that way. So take this with some caution.

When I set mine up, the preview had errors. I don't think it's to actually test functionality, and you have to actually deploy it to truly test it.

I believe the preview is just to see if visually it looks how you want.

Matt

• 6.  RE: Aruba Central Guest

Posted May 04, 2021 12:12 PM
    Hello

I am facing a similar issue, the user does receive a verification code, but when he moves forward with the portal, he receives: Access Denied - The network is not available.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sinda FKAIER

• 7.  RE: Aruba Central Guest

Posted May 19, 2021 08:05 AM
    Someone care to shed some light on this issue?? it's still unresolved. 

michael Wright

• 8.  RE: Aruba Central Guest

Posted May 19, 2021 08:33 AM
    Also it's worth noting when i try deploying the captive portal and i connect via the SSID, i get "Login error, Please Retry".

michael Wright

• 9.  RE: Aruba Central Guest

Posted May 19, 2021 09:20 AM
    Hi, can you show the config for the captive portal in Central? Well, the screens for the ssid and the Captive portal. Once we can see that we can shed some light on what my be the issue.
    You do have the Guest license assigned to the AP, rigth?

Ulises Cazares

• 10.  RE: Aruba Central Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2021 10:04 AM
    Have you reached out to Aruba Support for this? They can have a look at your account, settings, configuration, and find what is happening here. And get you a solution.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 11.  RE: Aruba Central Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2021 10:46 AM
    Hi,

If you are testing from the browser without an actual client connecting, you will see this error "No capture parameters captured" as some parameters liek the mac-address of the client are not captured. You need to test from a real client connecting to the guest Wi-Fi network...

Ayman Mukaddam

• 12.  RE: Aruba Central Guest

Posted May 31, 2021 12:27 PM
    Hello,

If you have a firewall in you environment it could be what is blocking your Guest Access. You have to allow the port 2083 for cloud Guest Authentication :

https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/latest/documentation/online_help/content/nms/device-mgmt/communication_ports.htm

Hope this helps.

Sinda FKAIER