Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP103 randomly reboots after upgrade to 6.5.4.20

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  IAP103 randomly reboots after upgrade to 6.5.4.20

Posted Jul 21, 2021 09:58 PM
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone had come up against any issues on IAP103s randomly rebooting after upgrading the firmware to 6.5.4.20 (following security alert issued by HPE)?
    Ive looked at 'show ver' to see the reboot reason but it just states 'unknown'
    Has anyone got any suggestions of what I can try? I've looked through the Release Notes but can't find any known issues with that reboot reason.
    Many thanks in advance
    Jo

------------------------------
    Joan Tomasso
    Always Learning

• 2.  RE: IAP103 randomly reboots after upgrade to 6.5.4.20

Posted Jul 21, 2021 10:03 PM
    On a note to this, the APs are due to be replaced when the business allows as I know they are reaching EOL soon but I have to try and fix them whilst they are still in use as I can't say when the business will agree to replace. Many thanks

Joan Tomasso

• 3.  RE: IAP103 randomly reboots after upgrade to 6.5.4.20

Posted Jul 22, 2021 03:48 AM
    Hi,
    ive just had another IAP103 reboot and this time there is an error:
    CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 000000b8, epc  == c15eea1c, ra == c15ee900
    Oops[#1]

Joan Tomasso

• 4.  RE: IAP103 randomly reboots after upgrade to 6.5.4.20

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2021 10:08 AM
    This is something that should be reported to Aruba support. If you don't have access to support, you can try downgrade to the previous version, and see if that fixes the issue.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: IAP103 randomly reboots after upgrade to 6.5.4.20

Posted Jul 22, 2021 10:14 AM
    Many thanks 

jo

Joan Tomasso