Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Role = Deny All?

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  AP Role = Deny All?

Posted Apr 29, 2021 11:02 AM

I found an old post from 2014 that shows this.
    Deny All role being assigned. Why? | Controllerless Networks (arubanetworks.com)

It's now 2021 and i'm facing the same issue.

I have some AP's being setup. I have the SSID broadcasting using WPA2-AES, it goes to a Radius server, which authenticates only if the laptop is part of the approved group AND it has the correct internal PKI cert.

I can validate that the laptop connect, was assigned a correct DHCP address, and I can confirm that it was properly authenticated on the RADIUS/NPS server with a valid cert being presented.

For some reason the AP role is listed as "Deny All"
    Anyone have any idea what and what that might happen?

------------------------------
    Matt

• 2.  RE: AP Role = Deny All?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 30, 2021 11:00 AM
    I have seen this a few times where the AP was unable to reach the authentication server. But best is to get the logs and analyze those or have them analyzed by Aruba TAC.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: AP Role = Deny All?

Posted Apr 30, 2021 11:07 AM

Sounds good :)

The odd thing is that the laptops are able to successfully connect, which goes through the Radius/NPS server. And there is no error on connection.

It seems to have "corrected it's self" for now, but if it comes back I'll open a ticket with TAC.

Matt