Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Convert AP-303H to Instant

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  Convert AP-303H to Instant

Posted Dec 31, 2020 12:33 PM
    I received a AP-303H for testing in Aruba Central and no longer want to use it in this fashion. I would like to convert it to IAP to use in a test lab. Can this be done? I have tried factory resetting it and it keeps checking into Aruba Central. 

------------------------------
    Brandon Gregrich

• 2.  RE: Convert AP-303H to Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 01, 2021 06:12 AM
    Remove the subscription from the AP (unsubscribe) in Central and you can manage it local again.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Convert AP-303H to Instant

Posted Jan 04, 2021 09:54 PM
    I do not have the subscription option under my account login. Any other suggestions?

Brandon Gregrich

• 4.  RE: Convert AP-303H to Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2021 04:43 AM
    Do you have access to the Central account where the AP is registered?

Go into the 'Account Home', from Network management click the 9-dots:

From Account Home, go into Subscription Assignment and remove the subscription there.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: Convert AP-303H to Instant

Posted Jan 05, 2021 09:57 AM
    Yes I have access to Central where I can see my AP, unfortunately I do not see any options for subscriptions.

Brandon Gregrich

• 6.  RE: Convert AP-303H to Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2021 10:09 AM
    Can you go to the Account Home screen?

You get there initially when you log in, or when you press the 9 dots. There you should have the subscription assignment.
    It might be that you received the AP as part of a campaign where the managed service (MSP) mode was used, in that case, your MSP will need to release the subscription.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------