Controllerless Networks

last person joined: an hour ago 

Aruba Instant Wi-Fi: Meet the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set-up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget.
Expand all | Collapse all

Brand new IAP-315s unable to configure - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Brand new IAP-315s unable to configure - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

Posted 25 days ago
      |   view attached
    Hi all,
    I have just powered on, fresh out of the box, 5 IAP-315s.  Whatever configuration I try to do I get "
    Configuration denied by Aruba Central management" through the web gui.  I have managed to SSH on to one, and changed the password there.  When I run a show tech-support it looks like the AP is trying to connect to Aruba Central by default:
    Thu Feb 4 23:00:19 2021 Central Warning Disconnect with Aruba Central server device-apacsouth.central.arubanetworks.com reason unknown reason after login
    Thu Feb 4 23:00:19 2021 Central In progress Estabished connection with Aruba Central server device-apacsouth.central.arubanetworks.com, authenticating...
    Thu Feb 4 23:00:21 2021 Central Completed Login done to Aruba Central server device-apacsouth.central.arubanetworks.com by websocket
    Thu Feb 4 23:00:21 2021 Central Debug Received subscribe with sub_id Change event action s:apacsouth.internal.decoder.iap.event.sub:iap.event.clients.onchange from Aruba Central

Even trying to change the country on initial startup gives the same error.
    I've configured hundreds in the past and not had this before so looks like a newly introduced problem with Instant.
    Does anyone know what I can do to be able to locally program these?  I say locally - they're 1000km away so pressing reset isn't an option at this point.

Any assistance much appreciated.

I've attached the tech-support dump if that helps.

Aspo.

------------------------------
    Dan Aspinall

Attachment(s)

txt
    IAP315techsupport.txt   405 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Brand new IAP-315s unable to configure - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management
    Best Answer

Posted 25 days ago
    The IAPs are indeed being managed via Central.  Where did you get these from as they should not be registered to another customers Central account or there is an Activate rule on an account. If you speak to TAC these can be removed from the Central instance.

Aruba Central Server  :device-apacsouth.central.arubanetworks.com
    Aruba Central        :Connected
    Managed Via          :Aruba Central

IAP MAC Address          :XXXX
    IAP Serial Number        :XXXX
    Cloud Activation Key     :N0ITB8XI
    Activate Server          :device.arubanetworks.com
    Activate Status          :success
    Aruba Central Server     :device-apacsouth.central.arubanetworks.com
    Last provision time      :2021-02-04 23:00:28
    Provision interval       :10080 minutes

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: Brand new IAP-315s unable to configure - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

Posted 25 days ago
    Thanks Craig.
    Same supplier we've used for years.
    I've got a ticket open now to try and get this sorted.
    Thanks for the response.
    Will see how we go.
    Asp

• 4.  RE: Brand new IAP-315s unable to configure - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

Posted 18 days ago
    Hi Craig,
    Took a week of to-ing and fro-ing from importer to HP but they are finally not associated with another account.
    Hopefully doesn't mean they are second hand.  Waiting for confirmation on that.

Dan Aspinall