Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot Upgrade IAP-324 to Arubainstant_Hercules_8.7.1.x

This thread has been viewed 48 times
  • 1.  Cannot Upgrade IAP-324 to Arubainstant_Hercules_8.7.1.x

Posted Jan 09, 2021 02:37 AM
    I try to upgrade my Aruba IAP-324 access point I am using at home from the current version, 8.6.0.6_77124 (Digitally Signed - Production Build), to the latest version, 8.7.1.1_78245.

In the web GUI, going to "Maintenance" - "Firmware", then clicking on the "Check for New Version" button, returns "-- No new version available --":
    Automatic firmware update checkAfter this, I tried to upgrade the firmware manually. I have downloaded "ArubaInstant_Hercules_8.7.1.1_78245" file from the ASP website, checked the SHA256 sum, browsed for the file, and clicked the "Upgrade Now" button:

Manually upgrading the firmware
    Then, nothing happens, just the "Uploading" message with the spinning wheel:

Waiting

This shows until I am forcefully logged out due to inactivity. I rebooted the AP and the firmware is still 8.6. Any idea why the upgrade doesn't work?

------------------------------
    Valentin Voica

• 2.  RE: Cannot Upgrade IAP-324 to Arubainstant_Hercules_8.7.1.x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2021 03:24 PM
    Difficult to say why the upgrade did not work.

The IAP log files might reveal something as to why the UI check for new versions is not showing 8.6.0.7

You might obtain more detail by connecting to the IAP via SSH, activating the update through the UI as you're doing, and check the following to see
    what is happening:

# Check the 2 image partitions before initiating the update
    show image version

# check last reboot reason:
    show version

# now initiate the UI upgrade

# Check info and status of the update
    show upgrade info

# check relevant log entries :
    show log sys 100
    show log upgrade

Hope this helps

​​​​​

Shawn Adams

• 3.  RE: Cannot Upgrade IAP-324 to Arubainstant_Hercules_8.7.1.x

Posted Jan 11, 2021 12:26 PM
    Thank you for input, Shawn.

Looking in the logs and showing the the version before and after triggering the upgrade via the the GUI didn't reveal any useful information - it was like nothing was happening.

Anyway, I managed to upgrade the AP very easily by using the CLI:

ap-1# upgrade-image2-no-reboot tftp://10.0.17.3/ArubaInstant_Hercules_8.7.1.1_78245​

After rebooting the AP via the GUI, I checked again the version and the latest firmware is now installed. Of course, I would love to understand what was wrong with the GUI method, but this has now to wait until the next firmware release.

Best regards,

Valentin Voica

• 4.  RE: Cannot Upgrade IAP-324 to Arubainstant_Hercules_8.7.1.x

Posted Feb 11, 2021 05:08 PM
    Hi Valentin,

can you direct me to the ASP site for firmware download? my IAP215 installation is due for an upgrade, but "Check for upgrade" suggest no new version is available.

kr Torben

Torben Færch
    torben.faerch@icloud.com

• 5.  RE: Cannot Upgrade IAP-324 to Arubainstant_Hercules_8.7.1.x

Posted Feb 12, 2021 01:17 AM
    Hi Torben,

This is the link which takes you straight to the Aruba Access Points v8.6.0.7 download page. You will need to logon using your Aruba SSO (single sign on) username and password.

Good luck,

Valentin

Valentin Voica

• 6.  RE: Cannot Upgrade IAP-324 to Arubainstant_Hercules_8.7.1.x

Posted Mar 08, 2021 09:07 AM
    Thx Valentin, tried but no access as I have a public mailadress (private user). kr Torben

Torben Færch
    torben.faerch@icloud.com

• 7.  RE: Cannot Upgrade IAP-324 to Arubainstant_Hercules_8.7.1.x

Posted Mar 08, 2021 09:04 AM
    Hi Shawn,

Cant get access to Aruba ASP as using IAP privately and hence accessing from public mailadress. Can you please provide link for me to download latest firmware for IAP215? Upgrade by GUI doesn't find any new (running version 8.6.0.6 from September 2020), while new version exists ...

Thx Torben

Torben Færch
    torben.faerch@icloud.com

• 8.  RE: Cannot Upgrade IAP-324 to Arubainstant_Hercules_8.7.1.x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2021 04:08 PM
    ASP is the place to download firmware. I have not seen issues before where personal mail addresses are blocked during registration. Go to 'log in as end user', there you can register a new account. What is the exact issue you experience?

As the firmware is copyrighted software people are not allowed to share links; and ASP should be used to get access.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 9.  RE: Cannot Upgrade IAP-324 to Arubainstant_Hercules_8.7.1.x

Posted Apr 06, 2021 06:36 AM
    Hi Herman,

As a private customer I cant log into ASP as personal mailadresses are clearly not accepted. Please see attached. I think this should be addressed by Aruba as lifetime software warranty was one of the reasons buying IAPs in the first place. By the way very happy with the installation.

Kind regards, Torben

Torben Færch
    torben.faerch@icloud.com

• 10.  RE: Cannot Upgrade IAP-324 to Arubainstant_Hercules_8.7.1.x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2021 07:01 AM
    Have you tried? I have my own domain and use mail addresses from there and that worked for me. Possibly you have a mailbox from your ISP that you can use? Not even sure if there are actually addresses blocked or if it is just 'policy'.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.