Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 501 - excessive roaming

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Aruba 501 - excessive roaming

Posted May 10, 2021 10:43 AM
    HI,

We have about 12 arubas 501 on the network providing wlan access to some automated machines. The Arubas stop working from time to time and require human intervention in order to get it back to the network (sometimes you need to reload the device, sometimes you simply move the machine to a new area a few feet away and it re-authenticate on the wlan and start working).

I noticed on the logs of tha Aruba that the device is roaming too much, sometimes to an wap with the same RSSI and other times for WAPS with worse RSSI.

Does anyone ever saw an issue like this or can share some information?

------------------------------
    Nikolas Valerio

• 2.  RE: Aruba 501 - excessive roaming

MVP GURU
    Posted May 11, 2021 07:01 AM
    When you say that the Aruba APs stop working, and require human intervention, are you talking about the APs needing to be touched, or the client? The client is the one that decides when to roam or not, and all vendors have a different roaming algorithm. If you mean that the client is the one that needs the human intervention, have you tried updating the wireless drivers on the device?

Just read this correctly, and see you are talking specifically about the 501 :). How dense is your wireless deployment? Have you checked for issues like Co-Channel Interference, excessive noise, and other RF related issues? Do your wireless clients seem to roam a lot too?

Dustin Burns

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Aruba 501 - excessive roaming

MVP GURU
    Posted May 11, 2021 07:09 AM
    I don't know if you have checked this out at all, but take a look at this, starting on page 23: https://community.arubanetworks.com/HigherLogic/System/DownloadDocumentFile.ashx?DocumentFileKey=043c130c-69cd-4bf3-ae80-4a4288f2c7a2&forceDialog=1

Dustin Burns

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos