Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-215 - New Oculus "Air Link" feature unable to locate PC on local network

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  IAP-215 - New Oculus "Air Link" feature unable to locate PC on local network

Posted May 10, 2021 10:40 AM
    Hi,

The recently released Oculus "Air Link" feature (for Quest 2 VR Headsets) is unable to find the host PC on the local network, when connected via Aruba IAP-215 Access Point.

The PC is however found if we instead connect via any other AP that we have on the network (eg. Router / Apple Airport Express etc).

ie. The failure to find / connect to the PC issue is isolated to the IAP-215 AP.

I cannot see any obvious configuration that could be responsible. I have also tried various options like disabling 80Mhz / wideband etc. (Although 80/40Mhz is enabled on the other brand working AP's).

The IAP-215 firmware is old (6.4.4.8-4.2.4.5), and I note the current release is 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.18. 

Therefore, I believe the best first action should be to bring the firmware up to date.  However I can only get a http 404 error when I attempt to download the firmware in the support portal.

How to progress finding a resolution to this issue?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Greg

• 2.  RE: IAP-215 - New Oculus "Air Link" feature unable to locate PC on local network

Posted May 11, 2021 02:24 AM
    Update:  I've since managed to update to the latest IAP-215 firmware (8.6.0.6_77124).

Unfortunately issue is not resolved by latest firmware update alone.

I seem to have a more or less default installation, but Oculus "Air Link" still fails to find my PC when connected to my IAP-215 AP.  Only finding the PC if I instead connect via one of my non-Aruba AP's (as above).

Any ideas on how to get to the bottom of this issue?

Greg Clare

• 3.  RE: IAP-215 - New Oculus "Air Link" feature unable to locate PC on local network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2021 06:56 AM
    hi,

Not sure how Air Link works but I suspect it is some kind of multicast/broadcast, so the first step would be to check if multicast/broadcast optimization is enabled and if air group is enabled. Both could block this kind of traffic. 

BR
    Florian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Florian Baaske
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.
    Also visit the AirHeads Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJCnuXFGfEbwEzfcgU_ERQ
    Feel free to visit my personal Blog
    https://www.flomain.de