Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"

This thread has been viewed 55 times
  • 1.  8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"

Posted Oct 29, 2021 07:17 AM
    Hello,

on AP-535/AP-555 access points when I use the automatic firmware check within Maintenance => Firmware => Within "Automatic" click "Check for New Version", for:

- releases 8.6.x it will find the current firmware
    - while releases 8.7.x and 8.8.x the message "No new version available"

appears. Is there anything on 8.7 or 8.8 to get the automatic check running? Of course, access points have DNS, can ping and reach device.arubanetworks.com:443, "show activate status" shows no problems, time/NTP is correct, ...

Regards

• 2.  RE: 8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2021 09:47 AM
    That is (probably) because the 'Check for New Version' checks if there is a newer 'recommended' version. The latest conservative release is 8.6, and I think the 'recommended version' is 8.6.0.9 at the moment.

Other firmware can be downloaded from ASP if you have an active support contract.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: 8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"

Posted Nov 01, 2021 01:38 AM
    So, it only works with 8.6?
    I was on 8.6.0.7 and it showed and allowed me to update to 8.6.0.15.

I tried with
    - 8.7.1.3 => Current is 8.7.1.6 => But it showed "No new version available"
    - 8.8.0.1 => Current it 8.8.0.2 => But it showed "No new version available"

• 4.  RE: 8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2021 03:58 AM
    It works with the recommended release only. Check for new version checks if there is a newer recommended release, apparently that is 8.6.0.15 at the moment.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: 8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"

Posted Nov 02, 2021 02:23 PM
    How did you upgrade it?, im trying to do it with a IAP 207 but i dont know do it.

Wilmer Ramos

• 6.  RE: 8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2021 07:01 PM
    you need to go to ASP site and download the firmware.

https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads;search=factory;products=Aruba%20Access%20Points;productSeries=Aruba%20207%20Series%20Campus%20Access%20Points;softwareMajorVersions=8.7

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 7.  RE: 8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"

Posted Nov 03, 2021 03:21 AM
    Thank you for your answers. Perhaps one day there will be a function which will make it possible to use autoupdate for each major release branch.

• 8.  RE: 8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"

Posted Dec 01, 2022 01:58 AM
    Just a note. Being on 8.10.0.4 (LSR) release I do not want my access points to upgrade to 8.11, but to 8.10.0.5 when hitting checking for new release:

-------------------------------------------
    le"

• 9.  RE: 8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 01, 2022 09:50 AM
    If you have an active service contract, you can download any version available from the Aruba Support Portal. Without contract, you can upgrade to the version that is offered in the automatic upgrade.

Version 8.10.0.5 seems to require a support contract.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 10.  RE: 8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"

Posted Dec 09, 2022 10:00 AM
    Hi everyone, our 7005 controller image was deleted. How can I restore it or install a new image, please?

• 11.  RE: 8.7.x/8.8.x: "Check for New Version" => "No new version available"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2022 05:52 AM
    This discussion is about Aruba Instant, not 7005 controllers. Please open a new discussion in the Wireless Access category.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------