Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 305s throwing ID 103 AP Checksum Error

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  IAP 305s throwing ID 103 AP Checksum Error

Posted Nov 23, 2021 10:13 AM
    I am using a wireless controller where a block of 8 IAP 305s are throwing AP checksum errors. I have verified that they are on the same firmware version as the controller, which is 8.7.1.2. Would anyone be able to provide insight on what could cause this error?

------------------------------
    Joe Georgic

• 2.  RE: IAP 305s throwing ID 103 AP Checksum Error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2021 10:23 AM
    exact message, please

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: IAP 305s throwing ID 103 AP Checksum Error

Posted Nov 23, 2021 10:28 AM

Hello cjoseph:

Thanks for replying to my thread. Here is the exact error messages being thrown in the controller;

Joe Georgic

• 4.  RE: IAP 305s throwing ID 103 AP Checksum Error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2021 06:31 AM
    I've seen this in the past, where it was related to the communication between the APs. That can be access-lists, broadcast/multicast/unicast rate filtering on the wired, or congestion due to the APs with their untagged (management) VLAN in a busy subnet. Make sure that management and client traffic are separated in different subnets by putting client access in a tagged VLAN.

Another question, are they just regular and officially purchased IAPs? Or may they be sourced from a second-hand market? Some sellers there sell bad equipment.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.