Education - Australia / New Zealand

View Only
last person joined: 21 days ago 

A local community of education customers across Australia / NZ. This group will be moderated by HPE Aruba Networking staff and kept up to date with any upcoming training or events that are relevant to the EDU space.
Expand all | Collapse all

Comware Router L2TP VPN

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Comware Router L2TP VPN

Posted Jul 12, 2017 10:02 AM
      |   view attached

The attached document takes you through the process of creating a remote access VPN for clients using L2TP back to a Comware 5 or Comware 7 router.

Many sites have a smaller MSR930 (CW5) or MSR954 (CW7) acting as an OOBM router, perhaps with a 4G/LTE connection. An L2TP VPN is an ideal way of using that device to provide full network access.

Larger sites may use the more powerful MSR3000 series to provide more general access to students or staff oven an L2TP VPN.

RADIUS/ClearPass service policy examples for remote users are also included.

• 2.  RE: Comware Router L2TP VPN

Posted Aug 24, 2017 09:52 AM
      |   view attached

Updated version of the L2TP VPN document attached. Now with an additional use case included.

• 3.  RE: Comware Router L2TP VPN

Posted Jan 29, 2019 04:42 PM

Hi Richard,

I have a JG665A router used to connect my home network to internet provider by 4G. I want to use expressvpn.com to mask my public IP address and traffic.

expressvpn.com supports PPTP and L2TP and they have supplied user name, password, pre-share key and a local server (denmark-ubuntu-l2tp.expressprovider.com).

Would you care to hint how to setup?

kind regards, Torben