Education - Australia / New Zealand

View Only
last person joined: 22 days ago 

A local community of education customers across Australia / NZ. This group will be moderated by HPE Aruba Networking staff and kept up to date with any upcoming training or events that are relevant to the EDU space.
Expand all | Collapse all

Impact of IOT devices on your network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Impact of IOT devices on your network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2016 10:24 PM

Hi,

I'm interested to hear about the impact of IOT on the school network. For example are schools using Raspberry Pi's in labs to teach programming or are there robtic labs being set up. How about VR? I know of a few schools looking at VR and I personlly think that VR or augmented reality will have a big impact in the classroom. With all these technologies the network is impacted as more devices will be added and potentially 2.4GHz devices. Keen to hear the thoughts and expereicnes or our forum members.

Thanks,

Mark

• 2.  RE: Impact of IOT devices on your network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2016 09:06 AM

I noticed this article on Network World which is along one of the themes of my post.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/3088890/internet-of-things/5-steps-for-securing-the-iot-using-aruba-clearpass.html

It talks about how Clearpass can better secure IOT end points which is a very valuable capability once IOT is introduced in the classroom.

Keen to hear your comments.

Mark