Community Feedback

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaCX in EVE-NG, problem with communication

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  ArubaCX in EVE-NG, problem with communication

Posted Oct 03, 2020 05:55 PM

Hello,

I started learning Aruba devices configuration and I have problem with traffic between two centos nodes passing through ArubaCX in EVE-NG environment. When I ping from centos1 to centos2 it works but when I tried to ssh from one to another device there is a problem. Wiereshark sees "TCP Retransmission" packets and centos node returns "Connection timeout".

When I swap Aruba with EVE-NG built in bridge network it just works. I worked with Cisco IOSvL2 int the past and i didn't have problems with that to.

There is a bug in EVE-NG/ArubaCX or I need to config something?

I have tiny Cisco experience and with Aruba I started today.

My topology for now is very simple:

centos1 - ArubaCX - centos2

ArubaCX config:

interface 1/1/2

no shutdown

no routing

vlan access 1

interface 1/1/3

no shutdown

no routing

vlan access 1

I'll deploy ArubaCX in vmware tommorow and i'll check this but maybe in the meantime someone have any idea what is going on...

• 2.  RE: ArubaCX in EVE-NG, problem with communication

Posted Oct 04, 2020 02:04 PM

Couldn't it be an MTU related issue? try to set MTU 9198 at physical interface context level on ArubaOS-CX.

• 3.  RE: ArubaCX in EVE-NG, problem with communication

Posted Oct 30, 2020 11:39 PM
    I'm having a similar issue in eve-ng; for some crazy reason it looks like only my Fedora 32 box doesn't want to have any TCP communications work, but it gets a good DHCP address and can ping other devices on the network no problem. This is a real head-scratcher, seems like my Windows boxes in eve-ng are working flawlessly. Did you end up getting ArubaCX in vmware to have the same problem?

------------------------------
    Tom Costello
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: ArubaCX in EVE-NG, problem with communication

Posted Oct 31, 2020 12:04 AM
    I think I figured it out; if you edit the CentOS node's properties to have an e1000 NIC instead of the default virtio-net-pci NIC, all the TCP traffic should start working as desired

That was a real mind-blow at first; last night I was digging through firewalld, thinking I had a duplicate MAC somewhere, or who knows what. But the fact that my Windows hosts were working 100% made no sense.

Sure enough, after thinking about it a little more and comparing the Win hosts to my networksecuritytoolkit.org Fedora 32 build, the NIC type jumped out at me, and I'm happy to be keeping the ArubaOS-CX in my eve-ng topology!