Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 315 Solid red light

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  IAP 315 Solid red light

Posted May 29, 2019 02:55 AM

Hoi hi

Just started settng up a new Aruba IAP 315. When devide is ready the system status light comes solid red. The radio status light is green.

In documentation I found a red solid system status light means system error condition.

I can acces the iap315 and setup network. 

Setup:

- updated iap

- ip via DHCP

- create simple netwerk, no Vlans

- no network restrictions

Users can acces the iap and connect to the internet. Although the connection is slow (havn't checked this hypothesis).

So why is the System Status light red and how do i fix it?

Tx for thinkin along.

Qawereer.

• 2.  RE: IAP 315 Solid red light

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2019 03:11 AM

Sometimes the light looks "red", but it is really amber.  You would get that if you were only using 802.3af POE.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=31209

Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 02.10.09.png

• 3.  RE: IAP 315 Solid red light

Posted May 29, 2019 05:18 AM

Why is the iap in power save mode? I am using a TP-link poe injector.

• 4.  RE: IAP 315 Solid red light

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2019 05:21 AM

What POE standard does the injector support?  High-Powered POE will make the light turn green, but it is not necessarily required.

• 5.  RE: IAP 315 Solid red light

Posted May 29, 2019 05:57 AM

Hi

I guess thats the issue. it's 802.3af on the poe injector and i need 802.3at.

Thx

• 6.  RE: IAP 315 Solid red light

Posted Aug 12, 2019 04:38 PM

Thank you for this.  I had the same issue and moved device to a POE+ aruba switch and the light went green.  The light also did look red but in fact was amber.  Resolved my issue.

• 7.  RE: IAP 315 Solid red light

Posted Sep 23, 2020 06:31 AM

hi 

I've recently purchased an API 315 but for two days it only has a solid red light, and I have seen that this may be due to an internal problem. I have tried to reset it but nothing remains the same, it does not work. someone could help me?

thxs

• 8.  RE: IAP 315 Solid red light

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 23, 2020 06:40 AM

A solid red 'System Status' LED means there is a System error condition....if you have a console cable, get it plugged in and see if there is any output. You may need to speak to TAC for an RMA if not.