Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2930 series software upgrade

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2930 series software upgrade

Posted Aug 30, 2021 02:00 PM
    Hi Community Team, 

I would like to seek your advise about performing software upgrades on Aruba 2930 series switches. 
    The current software image are obsolete and would like to upgrade to the latest release such as WC.16.10.0012. 

Current Software Images: 
    WC.16.05.0004
    WC.16.07.0003

Target Software Image:
    WC.16.10.0012

Could you please advise if a direct software upgrade to the Target image is possible without causing any issues? 
    Or do i need to upgrade the path to a certain software image level before to the target image? 
    I couldn't find any best practice software upgrade path from Aruba forum to help me figure this out.

------------------------------
    Manoji Arulampalam

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2930 series software upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2021 11:55 PM
    Hi Manoji,

to my understanding, there is no upgrade path needed. It could be, that the switch boots several times to patch/update the bootrom as well. You should look into the release notes of 16.10.0012, if there is nothing mentioned about an upgrade path, then there is no special upgrade path needed. 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00110255en_us

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Florian Baaske
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.
    Also visit the AirHeads Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJCnuXFGfEbwEzfcgU_ERQ
    Feel free to visit my personal Blog
    https://www.flomain.de

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2930 series software upgrade

Posted Aug 31, 2021 09:21 PM
    Hi Florian,

Thanks for your advise. Yes i noticed there is nothing much on the release notes which mentioned about the upgrade path. So i'm assuming a direct software upgrade to the target image will not cause any issues. 

Release Notes WC.16.10

Manoji Arulampalam

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2930 series software upgrade

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 31, 2021 01:46 AM
    Hi Manoji, just a notice about your "target" software version: as of today, the latest software build for WC.16.10 software branch isn't the WC.16.10.0012 (released during January 2021) but it's the WC.16.10.0016 (released during August 2021).

Davide Poletto

• 5.  RE: Aruba 2930 series software upgrade

Posted Aug 31, 2021 09:25 PM
    Hi Parnassus, 

Thanks for your advise, yes i'm aware of the latest release WC.16.10.0016. I was just wondering whether a direct upgrade from an obsolete version would cause any issues as there nothing was mentioned on the release notes for the best practice software upgrade by path.

Manoji Arulampalam