Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

need a controler to ap105

This thread has been viewed 37 times
  • 1.  need a controler to ap105

Posted Jul 12, 2021 02:05 PM
    hey 

i have 4 of (ap105) and i like to get them to work but i do not have a controler to it how can i get a software to get them to work

let me know from some one ????

------------------------------
    jesper duborg

• 2.  RE: need a controler to ap105

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 13, 2021 04:12 AM
    You need to ensure that the controller you select supports a supported AP-105 firmware. Fortunately, the AP-15 is a long standing AP and supports from ArubaOS 3.4.1.0 all the way through to ArubaOS 8.6. You should consider one of the 7xxx, 72xx series controllers if you wish to still run an AP-105 and a fairly recently firmware such as ArubaOS 8.x. It is worth noting, as of ArubaOS 8.7 the AP-105 is no longer supported.

If you have the IAP-105 (the sticker on the back shows IAP as opposed to AP) then you can login to asp.aruanetworks.com to obtain any required firmware.

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: need a controler to ap105

Posted Jul 13, 2021 10:33 AM
    i need software to manage them how to get the software ?

jesper duborg

• 4.  RE: need a controler to ap105

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 13, 2021 10:38 AM
    All software is located on asp.arubanetworks.com

Craig Syme

• 5.  RE: need a controler to ap105

Posted Jul 13, 2021 10:51 AM
    i can not download files in ther it says that

"Unable to download file. Your request for software download has been received. We will respond within 2 business days."

jesper duborg

• 6.  RE: need a controler to ap105

Posted Jul 13, 2021 10:28 PM
    i need only os for the ap-105 or a controller to the pc to control it just give me a link to download it

jesper duborg

• 7.  RE: need a controler to ap105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2021 02:36 PM
    There is no PC software to control it. As mentioned in the first reply:
    - If it is an AP105 (AP-105 written on the sticker on the back), you will need a controller and licenses to operate this AP. It will not work without it, so it basically is useless for you if you don't have a controller.
    - If it is an IAP105 (IAP-105 written on the sticker on the back), it is an Instant AP and you can download firmware from asp.arubanetworks.com. You may need a support contract, and non-business mail addresses like gmail are not supported).

What AP type do you have?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 8.  RE: need a controler to ap105

Posted Jul 14, 2021 05:08 PM
    i do not have a controller and licenses to it
    how do i get it to workap-105

jesper duborg

• 9.  RE: need a controler to ap105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2021 04:38 AM
    That is an AP-105. Will not work without a controller.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.