Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Arubaos-CX 6200 - Job scheduler

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Arubaos-CX 6200 - Job scheduler

Posted Sep 16, 2021 12:36 PM

Hi

I just joined this community. I read today about the new job scheduler feature (V10.08) which sounds interesting.  
    I wonder if it's possible to save the config and upload it to a sftp server from a scheduled job?

We are running version 10.07 today in the Aruba CX switches so I'm not able to try this out yet but would be nice if possible to start plan and prepare for it.

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
    Lars-Ake Torlind

• 2.  RE: Arubaos-CX 6200 - Job scheduler

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 17, 2021 06:06 AM
    Hello Lars-Ake, technically speaking if the copy command does not require interactive actions (it doesn't require interaction with the user, like when answering y/n to a question in order to proceed) and the whole set of commands belonging to the job lasts no more than 300 seconds (5 minutes) I would say it's definitely possible to create and schedule a job that save the running configuration and then it uploads it to a remote server...but if the SFTP is used, that S (Secure) in the SFTP implies that the job will require to exchange keys (thus being password-less) otherwise the copy command will require an interaction (inserting the user's password, at least).

Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: Arubaos-CX 6200 - Job scheduler

Posted Sep 17, 2021 09:06 AM
    Hi Davide
    Thanks for replying.
    Yes that is one thing I thought about as well (read it in the documentation). I was hoping that it's possible to handle the ssh login using keys to avoid user intervention (username/password). This I haven't tried yet.
    Maybe someone already knows if this will work or not.

Torro

• 4.  RE: Arubaos-CX 6200 - Job scheduler

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 19, 2021 05:08 AM
    for me, it is not yet possible (it is on limitation feature on pdf/video of Airheads)...

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 5.  RE: Arubaos-CX 6200 - Job scheduler

Posted Sep 20, 2021 02:59 AM
    Yes it seems so. I have tried outbound SSH using keys from the switch which I can't get to work.

Thanks

Torro