Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any way to find out Bugs related to version ?

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Is there any way to find out Bugs related to version ?

Posted Dec 07, 2020 10:30 PM
    Hi,

I have one question, like other vendors they have a portal where you put the current version of your devices and it will tell you the bugs and vulnerabilities involved with that version and also the recommended upgrade version. Is there any similar kind of portal available for Aruba switches or not.

------------------------------
    Muhammad Usman Sarwar

• 2.  RE: Is there any way to find out Bugs related to version ?

Posted Dec 07, 2020 10:48 PM
    I find some link which provides the vulnerability details of Aruba Products. There is one thing which is confusing me it shows that the product which are affected are "
     -  Aruba  2920  Switch  Series  -Prior  to  WB.16.08.0014,   WB.16.09.0012,
     WB.16.10.0009

Now what does this mean Prior to WB.16.08.0014. Does this also involves 16.07.0003 or just from the prior version of WB.16.08.

Muhammad Usman Sarwar

• 3.  RE: Is there any way to find out Bugs related to version ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2020 04:54 AM
    You probably should not run unsupported firmware, which 16.07.0003 is. You probably refer to this bulletin, and 16.07 is not listed under the resolution, and there are updated for very old switches as well, so my guess is that you will need to upgrade to one of the listed versiond to mitigate this. If you need a definitive answer, reach out to Aruba Support.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 4.  RE: Is there any way to find out Bugs related to version ?

Posted Dec 22, 2020 05:40 PM

Hi Herman,

First of all let me give you a Thank for taking some time, replaying to me that eventually helps me alot. But with your answer there is another question arise and that is how can I identify which version is support version or not. Because when I see the HPE OS search portal (Link mentioned below) and then search JL256A whcih is my device model type I found the certified versions are WC.16.04.0014 and WC.16.04.0011 which seems to be older than my currently running version as per convention (16.x.). Moreover my version was released on 04-Jan-2018 so how can I see which version is supported or which version is not supported. Thanks 

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/support/SupportLookUp.aspx

Muhammad Usman Sarwar

• 5.  RE: Is there any way to find out Bugs related to version ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2020 03:21 AM
    You can find information about security vulnerabilities on the Aruba website.
    Fixed bugs, known issues, and other information relevant to changes in versions of the software are described in the product release notes, which are available from the Aruba Support Portal.
    Information on when products will be end-of-life is published here.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.