Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

I want to configure interface speed as 1000 Mbps in 6300 switch it denies me !!!

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  I want to configure interface speed as 1000 Mbps in 6300 switch it denies me !!!

Posted Aug 27, 2021 09:59 AM
    Hi
    I want to configure interface speed as 1000-full but it is deny me
    switch specifications

SW# show system
    Hostname : SW
    System Description : FL.10.07.0021
    Vendor : Aruba
    Product Name : JL664A 6300M 24G 4SFP56 Swch
    ArubaOS-CX Version : FL.10.07.0021

the configuration:

SW(config)# interface 1/1/1
    SW(config-if)# speed 1000-full
    1000-full is not supported by this interface

is there any way to configure it manually ??

Thanks

• 2.  RE: I want to configure interface speed as 1000 Mbps in 6300 switch it denies me !!!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2021 10:25 AM
    I think the 1/1/1 port is a SFP56 port. The first copper Ethernet port should be 1/0/1.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: I want to configure interface speed as 1000 Mbps in 6300 switch it denies me !!!

Posted Aug 29, 2021 04:53 AM
    Thanks for your Response Herman
    The interface Type is GigbitEthernet, not SFP port.

the reason I want to configure it manually is that I want to configure LAG and I want to configure it as a Link failover
    I have two links from HQ to the MPLS one link (100Mbps) and the other (1000Mbps) I want to configure LAG but as link failover.

My problem here is that the 100 Mbps Link acts as 1000Mbps in the switch Link but the ISP gives only  100Mbps, so when configuring the LAG it will distribute the traffic equally between the Links, I do not need this.
    so I tried to configure the speed manual on the interface as 100Mbps, after that I faced another problem that the LAG works only with the interface that is configured manually not with an interface with more speed or interfacefwith prefered priority, so I thought that I should try to configure the interface as 1000Mbps manually to test if it could work with me.

Could you advise me, please?
    Thanks,

Qais Sherfeed

• 4.  RE: I want to configure interface speed as 1000 Mbps in 6300 switch it denies me !!!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2021 04:28 AM
    For that scenario, did you have a look at the Smartlink feature (check here)? That seems to fit better to what you want to achieve.

LAG only works between single devices, or devices that operate as a single device (VSF/VSX). From your story, you have two ISP links. Are these links transparent L2? Or L3? In the case of L3, you would need to use a routing protocol to make that work, not a LAG which is pure L2.

Still don't understand why you can't put a built-in copper port to 1000-full fixed, think that should work. I found another 6300M, and on that the built-in interface I can't set 1000-full either. Please open a support case, as that seems not expected to me.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: I want to configure interface speed as 1000 Mbps in 6300 switch it denies me !!!

Posted Aug 30, 2021 07:38 AM
    For the Links it is L2 Links and yes I am using VSF 
     the topology now as shown

I didn't knew smart-link before but. I will try it and see.

Thanks

Qais Sherfeed