Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

LAG/LACP Device Ping issue

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  LAG/LACP Device Ping issue

Posted Jan 03, 2021 11:08 PM

Hello,

So I have a switch stack configuration using 2930m switches. Without going too much into the exact configuration, I am having a weird problem that I can't figure out and I am wondering if anyone is familiar with the following issue. 

The stack is located within our datacenter and can be accessed from any device inside the datacenter. As soon I attempt to access(ping) the stack outside of the datacenter, I can no longer see it. When I am outside of the datacenter, I am still within our private network (mpls). The stack is located on 10.100.1.0/24. Outside of the datacenter but still on our private network, I can ping all devices on the same subnet. The only device I cannot reach is the stack. On the subnet above, the stack is the only device using a LAG/LACP. So my thoughts are that maybe something with the LAG is causing me not to be able to see it outside of our datacenter.

I come from a Cisco background but have been spending a lot of time learning HPE/Aruba products. Is this something I have to change in the LAG config to be able to access(ping)?  

Note: I thought maybe this could be a VLAN issue, I have verified it is not. I cannot ping any of the VLAN interfaces on the stack from outside of the datacenter whether tagged or untagged. 

------------------------------
    ITJOE

• 2.  RE: LAG/LACP Device Ping issue

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 04, 2021 04:48 AM
    Hi,

Do you have configure the default gateway on the switch ?

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281