Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can ClearPass ver 6.6 work with ArubaOS ver 8.6?

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Can ClearPass ver 6.6 work with ArubaOS ver 8.6?

Posted Nov 24, 2020 12:47 AM
    Hi,

I plan to upgrade 1 of my controller from ver 6.5 to ver 8.6 due to WiFi 6 AP555 is going to be added in. Will the version upgrade of controller causing the existing integration with Clearpass ver 6.6 having issue?

regards
    michael

------------------------------
    michael

• 2.  RE: Can ClearPass ver 6.6 work with ArubaOS ver 8.6?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2020 10:10 AM
    I would not see why that would introduce an issue as for most operations like WPA2-Enterprise the controller is more or less transparent and the client and ClearPass are most relevant in if it works. You might not be able to operate in WPA3-Enterprise in CNSA/Suite-B mode as that requires ClearPass 6.8 or newer for 192-bit encryption support.

One thing I should warn you about is that ClearPass 6.6 is end-of-life, so it is strongly recommended to upgrade to a supported version in order to receive (security) updates.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.

• 3.  RE: Can ClearPass ver 6.6 work with ArubaOS ver 8.6?

Posted Nov 24, 2020 08:42 PM
    Hi Herman Robers,

Thank you for your feedback.

hinze a