Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2540 Fan Speed Issue

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2540 Fan Speed Issue

Posted Sep 10, 2019 09:09 AM

Hi,

I have just inboxed 6 brand new Aruba 2540 switches to configure for one of our customers however I am having an issue with one of the switches in which the fans are constantly at max speed (Same speed as when they are booting), I was on the phone to HP for an hour earlier as the 'heartbeat' LED was flashing at the same time the fans were at full speed. We managed to fix the flashing LED by changing the firmware however the fan issue is still there.. 

Does anyone have an ideas why and how I can fix it without RMA'ing the switch?

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2540 Fan Speed Issue

Posted Sep 11, 2019 02:45 AM

Hi,

Seems an hardware issue to me. The temperature sensor or the fan controller might be defective. Don't think you can fix this in software.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2540 Fan Speed Issue

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 11, 2019 10:12 AM

Can you report the output of the show system fan command?

It should show you something similar to:

aruba2540-jl355a# show system fans

Fan Information
      Num  | State       | Failures | Location 
    -------+-------------+----------+----------
    Fan-1  | Fan OK      |   0      | Chassis 

0 / 1 Fans in Failure State
    0 / 1 Fans have been in Failure State

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2540 Fan Speed Issue

Posted Sep 02, 2022 02:03 AM
    Hi ,
    I am getting same error on show system fans. and switch is making too much noise.
    Please suggest what should I do?

• 5.  RE: Aruba 2540 Fan Speed Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2022 03:55 AM
    The best answer for this (old) discussion mentions that the switch was replaced by HP(E) support. I would reach out to support and ask if it is worth/possible to replace (RMA) the switch.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 6.  RE: Aruba 2540 Fan Speed Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 11, 2019 12:10 PM

UPDATE: The switch was sent back to HP and a replacement was sent out. Thanks for the helpful comments!