Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

Posted Jan 05, 2020 10:32 PM

Hi, is there any datasheet or installation guide for HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit (655874-B21)? I want to check the compatible SFP+ transceiver for this HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit?

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 06, 2020 03:57 AM

Looks to me like a server product. On this forum you will most likely see people with networking knowledge. This looks to be the product brief for that adaptor, which appears to be a joint product for HPE.

• 3.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

Posted Jan 06, 2020 04:55 PM

This is a passive adaptor and I used it in the past with different SFP+ transceivers without any problem. However, you'd better to qualify the adaptor/transceiver pair with some testing before proceeding with large quantity.

• 4.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

Posted Feb 24, 2020 02:11 PM

In what Aruba switches have you or anyone else test? I have one Aruba 8320 and want to use one port with sfp+

• 5.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

Posted Feb 24, 2020 06:47 PM

IMHO Aruba 8320 Switch series doesn't support any QSFP+ to SFP+ splitting cable...no breakthrough (no 40Gbps into 4x10Gbps interfaces).

• 6.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

Posted Sep 21, 2021 12:14 PM
    Any chance the Aruba 8320 supports the 655874-B21 now with the allow unsupported transceiver command?

------------------------------
    Eugene Grutman

• 7.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

Posted Sep 21, 2021 07:56 PM
    Hi Eugene, during last 19 months things have changed...and the Aruba 8320 (40G model like the JL579A) currently supports QSFP+ DAC/Fiber Breakout cables (QSFP+ to 4xSFP+) with these SKUs:

• DAC Breakout 721064-B21
    • AOC Breakout 721076-B21 (where AOC= Active Optical Cable)

With latest ArubaOS-CX 10.07 and 10.08 software builds theoretically the above breakout cables should be properly recognized by the switch.

AFAIK the 655874-B21 (an HPE QSFP+ to SFP+ adapter) is not supported.

Davide Poletto