Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

Posted Jan 05, 2020 10:32 PM

Hi, is there any datasheet or installation guide for HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit (655874-B21)? I want to check the compatible SFP+ transceiver for this HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit?

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2020 03:57 AM

Looks to me like a server product. On this forum you will most likely see people with networking knowledge. This looks to be the product brief for that adaptor, which appears to be a joint product for HPE.

• 3.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2020 04:55 PM

This is a passive adaptor and I used it in the past with different SFP+ transceivers without any problem. However, you'd better to qualify the adaptor/transceiver pair with some testing before proceeding with large quantity.

• 4.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

Posted Feb 24, 2020 02:11 PM

In what Aruba switches have you or anyone else test? I have one Aruba 8320 and want to use one port with sfp+

• 5.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 24, 2020 06:47 PM

IMHO Aruba 8320 Switch series doesn't support any QSFP+ to SFP+ splitting cable...no breakthrough (no 40Gbps into 4x10Gbps interfaces).

• 6.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

Posted Sep 21, 2021 12:14 PM
    Any chance the Aruba 8320 supports the 655874-B21 now with the allow unsupported transceiver command?

------------------------------
    Eugene Grutman

• 7.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 21, 2021 07:56 PM
    Hi Eugene, during last 19 months things have changed...and the Aruba 8320 (40G model like the JL579A) currently supports QSFP+ DAC/Fiber Breakout cables (QSFP+ to 4xSFP+) with these SKUs:

• DAC Breakout 721064-B21
    • AOC Breakout 721076-B21 (where AOC= Active Optical Cable)

With latest ArubaOS-CX 10.07 and 10.08 software builds theoretically the above breakout cables should be properly recognized by the switch.

AFAIK the 655874-B21 (an HPE QSFP+ to SFP+ adapter) is not supported.

Davide Poletto

• 8.  RE: HPE QSFP/SFP+ Adaptor Kit Compatible SFP+ Transceiver

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2023 12:10 PM

This thread started in 2020, and as Davide Poletto had said " things have changed". 

The 655874-B21 (yes, an HPE Server division product, not an HPE Aruba part) is indeed supported in select switches and ports. 
    As documented in the AOS-S and AOS-CX Transceiver Guide, (Edition 13, page 46-47)
    Page 47 lists the switches where this is supported. 
    This is a QSA28, meaning it's supported in QSFP28(100G) ports and QSFP+(40G).  Please take note of the highlighted paragraph I've noted in the screen grab. 
    Also, the link I provided assumes you have a Login to the ASP (Aruba Support Portal) -- as of Aug 18, 2023 a registered account and login is required to download documentation and software. 

Ed Kurata, Aruba Sr. Product Line Manager,
    Switching , Transceivers, Accessories, Power, and other things
    Roseville CA, USA