Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

IT-OT Application Examples of a production network based on ARUBA and Siemens SCALANCE

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  IT-OT Application Examples of a production network based on ARUBA and Siemens SCALANCE

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2020 09:05 AM
      |   view attached

Many large and mid-size companies face the challenge of building a standardized network for their production domains which grew by evolution. This article demonstrates a combined Siemens SCALANCE/ HPE ARUBA/ PaloAlto solution which is based on a logical separation of the segments and a central firewall.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/109775490/structure-of-a-large-production-network-based-on-aruba-and-scalance-products?dti=0&lc=en-WW

Have fun

Jochen

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: IT-OT Application Examples of a production network based on ARUBA and Siemens SCALANCE

Posted Dec 27, 2021 08:01 AM
    Hi, i am new at this forum, and can't find how can put a new question/discussion.

The network of my workplace was migrated to aruba devices, and the Company responsable for the network Create an OT network vlan id:xxx, for automation devices with static IP's. Wireless and wired.

But i can not reach any profinet devices at this network...it's possible that some configuration is missing at aruba AP and switchs devices? What are the requisits to aruba works with profinet?
    Thanks

------------------------------
    Paulo Bandarra

• 3.  RE: IT-OT Application Examples of a production network based on ARUBA and Siemens SCALANCE

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 27, 2021 01:51 PM
    Hello Paulo, I saw you posted also here. To help you you need to provide more details. IP is a standard and Aruba follows standards...so an access interface is always an access interface, a trunk interface is a trunk interface and so on...given that - and just to start - a very basic question could be: since the network Administrator at your Company created a VLAN ID dedicated to wired/wireless OT Devices (Automation) does this mean that VLAN ID is accessible (reachable) by other network devices? how were configured access ports to those OT Devices? where the IP Routing generically happens? who is responsible to route VLANs' segments on your Company network (OT included)? How are configured ProfiNet IP devices (who is their configured Gateway)? what type of network topology is your Company using? are there ACL to segregated VLANs' segments traffic? etc. etc.

Davide Poletto