Wired

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE 5406zlr Management Module

• 1.  HPE 5406zlr Management Module

Posted 19 days ago
    Currently my management module HPE5406zlr is active active and they are configured in stacking (vsf). Please see the below output. If i want to configure ,management module as standby on secondary is there any command for it?

sh modules

Status and Counters - Module Information

Chassis: 5406Rzl2 J9850A Serial Number: SG7BG490WV

Allow V2 Modules: No

Core Mod
    Slot Module Description Serial Number Status Dump Ver
    ----- -------------------------------------- -------------- -------- ----- ---
    1/MM1 HP J9827A Management Module 5400Rzl2 SG70G4C2Q2 Active YES 1

1/A HP J9993A 8p 1G/10GbE SFP+ v3 zl2 Mod SG81GPK1YR Up YES 3

2/MM1 HP J9827A Management Module 5400Rzl2 SG70G4C28Y Active YES 1

2/A HP J9993A 8p 1G/10GbE SFP+ v3 zl2 Mod SG81GPK1Y9 Up YES 3

• 2.  RE: HPE 5406zlr Management Module

Posted 19 days ago
    "If i want to configure ,management module as standby on secondary is there any command for it?"

This question is a little bit strange.

You have two Aruba 5406R zl2 chassis deployed ad VSF: each chassis has/shows one Management Module inserted (1/MM1 and 2/MM1)...the current setup looks pretty normal with respect to MMs...so why you would change it? each MM is correctly Active (for the chassis where it is installed into). You haven't two MMs on each chassis...which is really a different story (with other issues in terms of managing the Offline MM with respect to the Active MM in the same chassis)

The only thing (I'm thinking of) you would eventually want to change is - but ignoring the reason - the VSF roles (e.g. chassis 1 is the Commander while chassis 2 is the Standby and you want to exchange those roles)...but this is a totally different matter because, at first, it involves the VSF and not the MMs.

------------------------------
    Davide Poletto

• 3.  RE: HPE 5406zlr Management Module

Posted 19 days ago
    Greetings!

Each chassis in a 5400R VSF pair must have an operating management module - that module will always show up as 'active' in the 'show modules' output.

To see the VSF stack role for each chassis, you should instead use the 'show vsf' command - this will tell you which chassis is the stack conductor (commander) and which one is the standby.

=======================================

Matt Fern
    Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer, Aruba Switching
    Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company