Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba CX 6405 btu/h calculator

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Aruba CX 6405 btu/h calculator

Posted Jul 08, 2021 10:04 AM

Hi all

I need to estimate server room heat loads and looking for a calculator to determine btu/h for two Aruba 6405 switches, each containing 4 x 18000W R0X35A PSU's. 

Each 6405 switch contains the following modules:

1 x 48 Port 1GbE Class 4 PoE (R0X39B)
    1 x 48 Port 10/25Gbe SFP28 (R0X44A)

Is there any way to estimate power consumption and therefore a semi-accurate btu/h?

Thank you

------------------------------
    Jarrod Peat

• 2.  RE: Aruba CX 6405 btu/h calculator

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 08, 2021 06:53 PM
    Hi Jarrod, yes there are technical documents in which some power consumption details are exposed.

Considering a single Aruba 6405 + 1 Management Module + System Fan Tray + type and quantity of listed modules I would expect not less than about 3200 BTU/h of power consumption  (3200 BTU/h are just a little bit less than 1 kW).

I would set this as the starting point to calculate the heat produced that you need to cool.

So if you have two Aruba 6405 it means not less than 6400 BTU/h.

Try to configure your BoM on HPE IRIS here, once done have a look at the "Attributes" tag:

It seems that maximum power consumption for listed configuration is a little bit more than 1 kW and thus a little more on BTU/h (about 4000 BTU/h instead of just 3200 BTU/h).

Davide Poletto