Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Key Management - License

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  Key Management - License

Posted May 03, 2021 07:29 AM
    Hi,

I have recently purchased license Aruba Central DM 1 Token 3y Sub E-STU and when I added under key management I got this "Convert DMs to new license types (1)". I don't understand this behavior because I know when I used to add licenses there previously they just popped up without needing to convert them. Now it is showing this and I don´t understand it. 

Please advice, should I do a convert or is it something I have missed?

------------------------------
    nikim ab

• 2.  RE: Key Management - License

MVP GURU
    Posted May 03, 2021 08:50 AM
    The license model has changed. See this link: https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/latest/documentation/online_help/content/nms/subscriptions/overview-licensing.htm

Dustin Burns

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Key Management - License

Posted May 04, 2021 02:10 AM
    You can still buy the "old" licenses for few months and if you need 6300/6400 switch licenses you really should :) "New" 6400 license is something like 20x compared to the DM 1 Token...

You buy the Token and then convert it to any other license you like. It seems that you can also convert it to gateway foundation licenses too

• 4.  RE: Key Management - License

Posted May 04, 2021 04:30 AM
    I see that there are some different foundation licenses for different switch model. I see for example Foundation-Switch-6200/29xx. Does this mean that this license can only be used for 29xx switch models, and if I have for example a switch model 2540 this license wont work?

nikim ab

• 5.  RE: Key Management - License
    Best Answer

Posted May 04, 2021 04:37 AM
    Yep you would need "Foundation-Switch-6100/25XX/<16ports" license which is also the cheapest license for switches

• 6.  RE: Key Management - License

Posted May 04, 2021 04:46 AM
    Thank you pubjohndoe :)

nikim ab