Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

6300m IP issue (10.05.0011)

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  6300m IP issue (10.05.0011)

Posted Nov 13, 2020 07:23 AM
    Hi,

One of our 6300m switches wasn't able to resolve DNS and therefore unable to connect to Central. I checked the central logs on the switch (show debug buffer module central reverse lines 10) and could see that the switch was unable to resolve the Central DNS name. What was strange was that the source IP of the DNS request was not the switch IP address!

I checked and double checked but couldn't see this source IP in the config anywhere.

Ran start-shell > ifconfig and can clearly see this IP assigned.

I suspect a reboot might help. I'm thinking perhaps the dhcp was enabled on the interface initially then disabled but the OS hasn't got the message.

Ideas how to fix without rebooting would be great!

------------------------------
    Cheers
    James

• 2.  RE: 6300m IP issue (10.05.0011)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 13, 2020 07:59 AM

You have several options:
    -Connect the management interface (ip dhcp is turned on) and get ip and dns from connected router
    -Add dns and a default route:

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 %gateway_ip%
    ip dns server-address %dns ip%

• 3.  RE: 6300m IP issue (10.05.0011)

Posted Nov 13, 2020 08:52 AM
    TAC had a look and recommended rebooting the switch.

I ended up setting the VLAN 1 IP via ifconfig in the OS so that it matched the config. Going to upgrade firmware and reboot later today so hopefully that's the ned of that little gremlin.

James Whitehead

• 4.  RE: 6300m IP issue (10.05.0011)

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 14, 2020 08:22 AM
    Check the DNS config of the switch

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281