Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Virtual Simulator (spanning-tree issue)

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Aruba Virtual Simulator (spanning-tree issue)

Posted Dec 29, 2021 09:06 AM
      |   view attached
    Good Day All,

I'm not sure if there are any of the members that are making use of the Aruba Virtual Simulator that could maybe assist me with an issue that has come up with spanning-tree.

I have recently managed to get the Aruba Virtual Simulator up and running and has been working fine up until now, I am working my way through the Aruba Certified Switching Associate study guide HPE6-A72 and have now come to chapter 5 which has got to do with spanning-tree and how to implement spanning-tree. For some reason I am unable to get spanning-tree enabled, I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it is maybe a glitch within the simulator, I cannot continue with the chapter or move on to the next chapter until spanning-tree has been enabled and configured.

Please see below, I am trying to enable spanning-tree with the command "spanning-tree mode mstp"
    I then use the command "show spanning-tree" to verify that spanning-tree is now enabled but it still shows me spanning-tree is disabled.

Any assistance would gladly be appreciated.  Thank You

Core-1(config)# spanning-tree mode mstp
    Core-1(config)# show spanning-tree
    Spanning-tree is disabled

------------------------------
    William Waller

• 2.  RE: Aruba Virtual Simulator (spanning-tree issue)

Posted Dec 29, 2021 11:18 PM
    It has to be enabled globally also.

in config mode:
    #spanning-tree

You can display the status:
    # show spanning-tree detail

Observation:
    when using rpvst, the show run includes the global command.

Shieva Eccles