Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

CX 6100 no command for Downloadable User Roles

This thread has been viewed 41 times
  • 1.  CX 6100 no command for Downloadable User Roles

Posted Jul 15, 2021 06:44 AM
    Hi all,

we wanted to implement Downloadable User Roles on CX 6100 switches. However the clearpass-username and clearpass-password commands seem to be missing.

There is no statemant of limitation in the general CX guide:
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.06/HTML/5200-7723/index.html#GUID-127BB408-11C4-454C-B886-58BBDE5305DA.html

The problem is also, that the old 2540 switches, which the 6100 should replace, support DUR.
    Is this feature coming any time soon?

Thanks,
    Bjarne

Edit:
    Also, DHCP Snooping seems to be also not supported. But this is a Layer-2 security feature and also it is supported by 2540...

• 2.  RE: CX 6100 no command for Downloadable User Roles

Posted Jul 15, 2021 11:35 AM
    Downloadable user roles are not supported on the 6100's.

------------------------------
    Andy Jezierski

• 3.  RE: CX 6100 no command for Downloadable User Roles

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 15, 2021 05:23 PM
    Andy is correct! Downloadable user roles is support from 6200 series

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 4.  RE: CX 6100 no command for Downloadable User Roles

Posted Jul 16, 2021 01:48 AM
    so Aruba advertises 6100 as successor of 2540 and 6000 as successor of 2530, but they don't have the same feature set.

what about dhcp snooping? that's also just not supported?

I couldn't find a switch feature matrix, does it exist somewhere? like for the Procurve switches
    https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00038733en_us

AutoCreation

• 5.  RE: CX 6100 no command for Downloadable User Roles

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2021 10:40 AM
    Here you can find the features supported and compared between the different platforms: https://feature-navigator.arubanetworks.com/

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: CX 6100 no command for Downloadable User Roles

Posted Jul 16, 2021 11:09 AM
    I just found this page, too. 
    Strange to sort DHCP snooping into L3 security, imho it is a L2 feature, but that is hair splitting.

It's also strange that in the table it says that 6100 is not supported in Central, but our customer uses Central to manage all their 6100. Well, it's only Template groups, but it's Central.

AutoCreation

• 7.  RE: CX 6100 no command for Downloadable User Roles

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 16, 2021 11:12 AM
    Excellent post Herman, i didn't known this handy webpage. thanks!

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own