Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS-CX VLAN mirroring

This thread has been viewed 112 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS-CX VLAN mirroring

Posted Apr 12, 2021 11:22 AM
    I have a couple of ArubaOS-CX switches running OS version TL.10.04.3011. Currently I'm trying to find a way to use port mirroring with specific VLAN's defined as source. I know Cisco switches have this option for many years, but I can't find a way to configure it in ArubaOS-CX. So far I've only found options to mirror an entire physical or LAG interface. 
    Is there a way to only mirror a VLAN or a set of VLANs?

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Martijn Noij

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS-CX VLAN mirroring

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2021 12:43 PM
    This functionality is available starting 10.7 on some platforms, but not on 8320.

Vincent Giles

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS-CX VLAN mirroring

Posted Oct 15, 2021 11:10 AM
    Hi,

Why this functionality isn't available on 8320, it's a hardware limitation ?

Geoffrey lepers

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS-CX VLAN mirroring

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 16, 2021 05:17 AM
    Hi Geoffrey, it seems that - apart than dealing with an updated Aruba 8230 to be on the safe side (thus working with an ArubaOS-CX 10.7 or possibily at newer 10.8) - of the Aruba 83xx Switch series, only the Aruba CX 8360, speaking about system interfaces' mirroring feature, provides the additional [no] source vlan <VLAN-NUM> [rx|tx|both] CLI command which "Adds or removes VLAN as a source of traffic to be mirrored. More than one source VLAN can be configured in a mirror session. Each VLAN may specify its own direction." this as per latest Aruba AOS-CX 10.08 Monitoring Guide (83xx Switch Series).

Davide Poletto

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS-CX VLAN mirroring

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 16, 2021 05:41 AM
    Forgot to end my previous reply saying that, to me, it looks like more a software related restriction (a whole command or just an option not implemented) than a hardware one.

• 6.  RE: ArubaOS-CX VLAN mirroring

Posted Oct 18, 2021 03:17 AM
    Hi Parnassus,

Thank you for your information, I hope that future version will allow to have this feature.

Geoffrey lepers