Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution

NetEdit works in eve-ng, but no discovery without LLDP?

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  NetEdit works in eve-ng, but no discovery without LLDP?

Posted Nov 29, 2020 07:33 PM

Hi Airheads,

I spent some time getting Aruba NetEdit running in my eve-ng homelab at Managing ArubaOS-CX with NetEdit 2.0 in eve-ng, it went pretty well!

Only thing is I couldn't seem to get the subnet discovery to work without manually putting both my AOS-CX switches in as seed addresses. I have a Juniper switch between them, resulting in the AOS-CX switches not being LLDP neighbors:

Is there any way to have NetEdit discovery work for everything in the subnet when there's a non-Aruba switch between the seed address and the other AOS-CX devices on the subnet?

It's not a big deal at all for this eve-ng lab, but in the real world I'm wondering if it's possible for discovery to work with when you have a bunch of AOS-CX switches at the access layer, with some other vendor being used as the core, very similar to the diagram above.

Thanks!